‘It’s a bit of a tragedy’: Mother of child killed in car crash speaks about his death and the media blackout

  • October 28, 2021

The mother of a four-year-old boy killed in a car crash in northern Ontario has spoken about his killing and the press blackout that has taken place over the past few days.

Chad Moberg spoke about the death of his son, Kyle, at a news conference Monday, and said that he will not be able to see the news reports because of the media lockdown.

Moberg said he was told by CBC News’ news team that the station would not be reporting on the case and that there was no news to be heard.

“There’s been no news coverage of this incident for weeks and months,” he said.

“They’re saying it’s a tragedy.

I’m going to go ahead and say it’s not a tragedy.”

Moberk said he has no idea why there hasn’t been news coverage.

“They don’t have the information, the facts, to tell the story,” he told reporters Monday.

“It’s kind of a nightmare.”‘

I don’t think this is something that’s going to be reported’The family of Kyle Moberk says they are frustrated that the media has been keeping quiet about the tragic accident.

“We feel like we’ve been lied to,” he added.

“I think the whole situation is really frustrating to us, the family and to the community.”

Mere hours before the crash, Kyle’s mother, Julie Moberger, said the family had been trying to contact the news media to get the word out about the boy’s death, but she was told that CBC News would not make an appearance on the program.

The accident happened in January on Highway 11 near Brossard, Ont.

Kyle was driving a Nissan Altima westbound on Highway 101, when his SUV rolled over, killing him.

The coroner’s office later ruled the death a suicide.

The family has now launched a crowdfunding campaign to raise money to buy the boy a new car, which they say they will use to get Kyle’s body back to his family.

“Kyle was my best friend, he was my son, he loved me,” Moberbins mother said.

“If I could have a car, I would have bought it for Kyle.”CBC News has asked the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services for an interview with Mobergan to see how it relates to the death.

A statement from the ministry reads:The family wants to know if there is a similar policy regarding the media coverage of the death, which has been reported to the media.

In an email to CBC News, the ministry says that it has not received a request to comment on the matter.