How to disable YouTube’s autoplay feature on Android

  • July 12, 2021

Hacker News subscribers can now disable YouTube autoplay on Android, according to the app’s developer.

YouTube’s latest update introduces the “Autoplay” setting, which lets the app skip the autoplay loop while playback is paused.

To disable it, tap the “Disable autoplay” button. 

In the “Add New” section, Google suggests disabling the setting on devices running Android version 4.2 or later.

This is probably the last step before Android 5.0, which is expected to arrive sometime this month.

YouTube has been struggling with Android fragmentation and Android fragmentation on the desktop and the mobile platforms, and Google’s latest updates may help alleviate those concerns.

The feature may not be available on all Android devices, however.

Google is currently working on a workaround for users who can’t install the latest update, but that feature will likely come in later updates. 

The update will also remove the “AdBlock” feature, which blocks ads from appearing in the YouTube video player.

YouTube is also introducing an updated “Search” section that will allow users to find videos, audio and more.

The “Show Video” button will appear on the bottom of videos, but will no longer be accessible.

The new “Advanced Search” section will also show up in the search results for videos and other types of content.

YouTube may also make some minor changes to its privacy settings to allow it to use more accurate data about who you watch videos for.

Google has previously said it is working on privacy settings that would allow it track your location and what apps you use. 

If you’re looking to install the update now, the easiest way is to tap the link below to download the app.

‘I would give my life to protect the Indian people from any attack by Pakistan’

  • June 17, 2021

The Indian government on Wednesday announced that it has been asked to give a “full-fledged” response to a growing number of fake news stories on social media, which has been spreading in the wake of the ongoing Indo-Pak war.

In a statement, the government said it has asked the National Investigation Agency (NIA) to initiate a full-fledged investigation into “all fake news, malicious propaganda and propaganda that is spreading on social networks.”

It has also asked the media regulator to make an official report on “fake news, propaganda, malicious dissemination and other violations of India’s cyber laws and guidelines”.

While the NIA is not yet formally asking for a formal probe into the situation, it has also said it will “take appropriate steps” if it sees any “incidents” of “malicious content” on social networking sites.

According to the statement, a team of NIA officers, including senior officials, will visit all social media platforms and websites in the country and “interview relevant users and analyse and assess the content”.

“The government has asked Facebook and other social media platform owners to report any malicious content to the NHA within 48 hours and also take measures to block it.

We are also taking necessary measures to protect our citizens,” the statement added.”

We have received a lot of reports of fake and malicious content on social network sites and we will take necessary measures if necessary to block and neutralise it,” it added.

Earlier this week, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that a war against terror and extremism was “not going to end” and that India was “a safe place to live” in the face of “threats to our democracy, security and prosperity”.

The NIA on Wednesday said it would conduct a “very thorough” investigation into the issue.

‘I would give my life to protect the Indian people from any attack by Pakistan’

  • June 15, 2021

The Indian government on Wednesday announced that it has been asked to give a “full-fledged” response to a growing number of fake news stories on social media, which has been spreading in the wake of the ongoing Indo-Pak war.

In a statement, the government said it has asked the National Investigation Agency (NIA) to initiate a full-fledged investigation into “all fake news, malicious propaganda and propaganda that is spreading on social networks.”

It has also asked the media regulator to make an official report on “fake news, propaganda, malicious dissemination and other violations of India’s cyber laws and guidelines”.

While the NIA is not yet formally asking for a formal probe into the situation, it has also said it will “take appropriate steps” if it sees any “incidents” of “malicious content” on social networking sites.

According to the statement, a team of NIA officers, including senior officials, will visit all social media platforms and websites in the country and “interview relevant users and analyse and assess the content”.

“The government has asked Facebook and other social media platform owners to report any malicious content to the NHA within 48 hours and also take measures to block it.

We are also taking necessary measures to protect our citizens,” the statement added.”

We have received a lot of reports of fake and malicious content on social network sites and we will take necessary measures if necessary to block and neutralise it,” it added.

Earlier this week, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that a war against terror and extremism was “not going to end” and that India was “a safe place to live” in the face of “threats to our democracy, security and prosperity”.

The NIA on Wednesday said it would conduct a “very thorough” investigation into the issue.

‘I would give my life to protect the Indian people from any attack by Pakistan’

  • June 15, 2021

The Indian government on Wednesday announced that it has been asked to give a “full-fledged” response to a growing number of fake news stories on social media, which has been spreading in the wake of the ongoing Indo-Pak war.

In a statement, the government said it has asked the National Investigation Agency (NIA) to initiate a full-fledged investigation into “all fake news, malicious propaganda and propaganda that is spreading on social networks.”

It has also asked the media regulator to make an official report on “fake news, propaganda, malicious dissemination and other violations of India’s cyber laws and guidelines”.

While the NIA is not yet formally asking for a formal probe into the situation, it has also said it will “take appropriate steps” if it sees any “incidents” of “malicious content” on social networking sites.

According to the statement, a team of NIA officers, including senior officials, will visit all social media platforms and websites in the country and “interview relevant users and analyse and assess the content”.

“The government has asked Facebook and other social media platform owners to report any malicious content to the NHA within 48 hours and also take measures to block it.

We are also taking necessary measures to protect our citizens,” the statement added.”

We have received a lot of reports of fake and malicious content on social network sites and we will take necessary measures if necessary to block and neutralise it,” it added.

Earlier this week, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that a war against terror and extremism was “not going to end” and that India was “a safe place to live” in the face of “threats to our democracy, security and prosperity”.

The NIA on Wednesday said it would conduct a “very thorough” investigation into the issue.